Shows Named #1 and #3 Largest Overall, Earn Best-in-Class Awards
CONEXPO-CON/AGG has been named the number-one exhibition of any industry in the United States, and ICUEE-The Demo Expo took the number-three spot in the annual Gold 100 list of top U.S. trade shows.
Show owner and producer Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) earned three best-in-class Grand Awards in addition to its Grand Award for largest show overall:
- Best Use of Data Analysis and Marketing Genius for CONEXPO-CON/AGG
- Knowledge is Power for ICUEE-The Demo Expo
Trade Show Executive (TSE) magazine compiles the Gold 100 rankings based on exhibit space size and also presents awards in several exhibition categories.
AEM Goal: Make the Next Shows Even Better
In announcing the awards, TSE cited CONEXPO-CON/AGG’s new Tech Experience for bringing “high tech construction innovators to the show floor,” and ICUEE’s “ample opportunities for test-drives as well as interactive product demonstrations.”
“These awards are a tremendous honor that reflect the hard work, dedication and innovative focus of everyone involved in producing AEM exhibitions; our success would also not be possible without the support of our members and the industry,” said Megan Tanel, senior vice president exhibitions and events. “Look for more enhancements that will continue to deliver outstanding and measurable business value to exhibitors, attendees and all show participants.”
CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017 spanned more than 2.66 million net square feet of exhibit space; ICUEE 2017 exhibits covered nearly 1.24 million net square feet.
Go online to learn more about the next edition of the shows:
- 2019 ICUEE-The Demo Expo Oct. 1-3 in Louisville, Ky. – www.icuee.com
- 2020 CONEXPO-CON/AGG March 10-14 in Las Vegas – www.conexpoconagg.com
Awards Recognize Creativity, Strategic Focus
TSE’s Gold 100 Grand Awards recognized AEM in three areas in addition to size:
- Comprehensive CONEXPO-CON/AGG marketing campaign: a variety of tactics, including an interactive 360-degree virtual reality tour of the show, invited attendees to “imagine what’s next” for the construction industries
- Expanded CONEXPO-CON/AGG data analysis: the show provided beacon-tracking technology that gave exhibitors real-time lead generation to better connect with customers and offered improved show ROI metrics for both attendees and exhibitors
- New ICUEE-The Demo Expo knowledge-sharing programs: Field Classroom sessions illustrated best practices using show floor examples; a special program tackled disaster preparedness with a former FEMA advisor and industry panel sharing first-person experiences
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is the international gathering place every three years for the construction industries. The biennial ICUEE, also known as the International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition, focuses on utility professionals and construction contractors
Source: AEM News