Under the theme “Shaping the Future of Construction”, The Big 5 rings in a new era following Dubai 10X Initiative and Happiness Agenda
Dubai is rolling out its plan to be 10 years ahead of any other city and become the happiest in the world. How will the construction community respond to the Government’s call?
“Developing a city that leads and sets the example for the rest of the world also means rethinking its built environment,” says Josine Heijmans, Portfolio Event Director at dmg events.
The new mandate for the building industry is arduous. New developments will need to improve existing standards of living while addressing the challenges cities in the Gulf region face today. These span from booming population and energy consumption, to extreme weather events and climate change in an arid environment.
“The Big 5, turning 40 next year, has decided to fully embrace the vision of the Dubai Future Foundation and its Dubai 10X initiative to put Dubai 10 years ahead of any other city,” Heijmans announces.
The show has helped to bring much of the building materials and technologies that developed Dubai, the UAE and the broader Gulf Region over the past four decades. In 2018, Middle East’s largest event dedicated to construction turns to the future.
Under the theme “Shaping the future of construction”, organisers of The Big 5 reworked the event focusing on innovation. Their goal is to respond to the Government’s call and help the industry address the challenges of today and tomorrow by presenting and promoting innovative solutions across all stages of the construction lifecycle.
The exhibition, attracting to Dubai thousands of companies and construction professionals from around the globe every year in November, is introducing features and co-located events to provide a brand new platform to move the building industry forward.
- The Innovation Corner and the Start-Up District – bringing together the brightest ideas, minds and initiatives in construction.
- Women in Construction by The Big 5 – an initiative to shed light on, and empower women in the industry.
- The Urban Design & Landscaping Expo – a new event on landscaping, infrastructure and urban development.
- The HVAC-R Expo – a dedicated exhibition for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration sector, with a focus on energy efficient and innovative solutions.
- The Big 5 Solar – showcasing solar solutions for construction.
- The third edition of the Excellence in Construction Summit – the Big 5’s high-level summit that explores current and future trends in construction.
- The Big 5 Innovation in Precast Summit – a two-day event dedicated to innovative and efficient precast solutions.
- Increased international participation – with more countries displaying what is new and best in the global construction sector.
The 39th edition of The Big 5 will take place from 26 to 29 November 2018 at the Dubai World Trade Centre. In 2017, the event welcomed over 65,000 participants and more than 2,600 exhibitors from 64 countries.
To know more, visit www.thebig5.ae.
Source: dmg events Middle East, Asia & Africa Press